First Certificate Speaking Questions
I just spent a few hours going through all my FCE materials and typing out all the questions I could find from part 1 of the speaking test.
They are from past exams, official Cambridge test preparation books, and so on.
I've organised them into topics, but sometimes one question could go in different sections. I chose the one that seemed most logical to me.
- What is your name?
- Where are you from?
Where You Live Now and Your Home Country
- Is it easy to meet new people where you live?
- What's the best place to spend a free afternoon in your town?
- How expensive is it to go out in the evening where you live?
- Could you tell me something about the area where you grew up?
- Could you describe your family home to me?
- What’s the most interesting place you’ve visited near ….?
- Is there anything you would like to learn about your country?
- Which area of your country would you like to get to know better?
- What do you like about living there?
- Tell us about a festival or celebration in [your home country].
- Tell us about a day you’ve really enjoyed recently.
- Are you planning to do anything special this weekend?
- How much time do you spend at home?
- What did you do on your last birthday?
- Do you like cooking?
- What’s your favourite food?
- What’s your favourite day of the week?
- What’s your favourite part of the day?
- Which time of year is your favourite?
Education and Work
- Do you use the internet to learn new things?
- Do you prefer working on your own or with other people?
- What do you think would be the most interesting job to do?
- Do you find it easy to study where you live?
- What were the most important things you learned at primary school?
- Would you prefer to work for a big or small company?
- What kind of work would you really like to do in the future?
- Are you happier doing mental or physical work?
- Can you remember your first English lessons?
Travel and Holidays
- Where would you most like to go on holiday in future?
- Do you prefer traveling by train or plane?
- Do you plan your holidays or decide everything spontaneously?
- Have you ever used English while traveling?
- Is there a good public transport system in your country?
- Do you ever go to concerts?
- How important is TV to you?
- How much TV do you watch in a week?
- Do you like the same TV programmes as your parents?
- Tell us about a TV programme you've seen recently.
- Do you enjoy going to parties?
- How often do you read newspapers?
- Do you like shopping?
- Where do you like listening to music?
- Do you like going to the cinema?
- Tell me about your favourite film star.
- Tell us about a film you really like.
- Do you enjoy playing computer games?
- Do you use the internet much?
- What do you use the internet for?
- Do you ever listen to the radio?
Family and Friends
- Who are the most important people in your life?
- What do you enjoy doing with your friends?
- Who do you spend your free time with
- Have you done anything interesting with your friends recently?
- Who are you most like in your family?
- Do you and your friends share the same ideas?
- Tell me about your best friend.
- Tell me about a good friend of yours.
- Do you normally go out with family or friends?
- Tell me a little about your family.
- How much time do you spend at home nowadays?
- Do you have a favourite newspaper or magazine?
- What's the most exciting thing you've ever done?
- Tell us about a TV programme you’ve seen recently?
- What’s the difference between reading the news in the newspaper and watching it on TV?
- Who do you spend your free time with?
- Do you prefer to be outside or inside when you have free time?
- What do you most enjoy doing when you're at home?
- Is your routine at weekends different from your daily routine?
- What do you spend your time doing?
- Do you enjoy reading?
- What sort of books do you read?
- Does anyone you know have an interesting hobby?
- Are you interested in sport?
- Is there a sport or hobby you enjoy doing?
- Is there a sport you’d really like to try?
- What sports do people play most in your country?
- How much exercise do you take each week?
- Do you like to be physically active or do you prefer relaxing?
- Is there anything you'd love to be able to do in the future?
- Do you plan to study anything in the future?
- What are you going to do this weekend?
- Are you going to do anything special this weekend?
- Do you think computers will replace newspapers and TV in the future?
- Which country would you most like to visit in the future?
- Do you think you'll go there one day?
And don't forget the most important question - if you give a short answer, the examiner will probably ask 'WHY'?
Are you interested in sport?
Share other questions you've seen in the comments below.